Octane AI is a venture-backed chatbots and messaging startup seeking a product designer interested in building the future of conversational commerce.
Octane AI is the leading conversational marketing automation platform for ecommerce. We use messaging channels like Facebook Messenger and SMS to improve the shopping experience for Shopify merchants and their customers. We work closely with Shopify, Klaviyo, Yotpo, and other top tech platforms in the ecommerce space. We are pioneering the future of ecommerce through conversational commerce. We are an all-remote company and venture backed, some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, and M Ventures.
You will work directly with our Lead Designer Rodrigo Garcia, VP Product Megan Berry and our engineering team to help build an easy to understand and effective product for merchants and their customers. You will be asked to put yourselves in the mind of ecommerce merchants and given design complex problems to solve.
More about working in Design and Product at Octane AI
– We believe the happier you are, the more productive you and the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we’d prefer. Spend your evenings and weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
– We hate bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone in the team.
– Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our workflow, our product, our processes, don’t be shy to share it.
– In our weekly meetings we do a fun thing called “fast parrot”. Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It’s a little weird and fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
– We iterate quickly. Projects generally take days or weeks, not months. We have a collaborative environment where you can share a work in progress and get feedback quickly. We like to get something in the hands of customer and get their feedback as quickly as possible.
– We are inspired by Shopify’s Polaris design system https://polaris.shopify.com/
– Flexible working hours. As long as you have at least 4 hours time overlap with ET time zone (9AM – 6PM ET) you can work whenever works best for you.
– Don’t work if you are sick. It’s way better to rest and recover quicker than work at half power for a long time.
– If you feel you are stuck with a task don’t hesitate to ask for help. There are no stupid questions and nobody expects you to know everything.
Work with the product team and our lead designer to improve the merchant experience on our platform. You will be given problems and context and then be allowed to think creatively about how to solve these problems. If you want to gather feedback directly from our account management team or set-up some customer interviews this will be something you can do.
Transform our roadmap and your ideas into scalable products and features. You will have the power to guide the direction of the company and the (many) features we build.
Work with engineering to make sure your designs are clear and take their feedback into account as you design features.
Work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced startup environment. Be flexible enough to take on any task.
A passion for solving customer problems and improving user experience
Ability to interpret loosely structured ideas and requirements across products to identify patterns and create elegantly simple and feasible user experiences.
Excellent attention to detail and a clean visual design sense.
At least 5 years of product design experience or closely related role.
Proficiency in interaction design for native mobile and web applications
Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product and engineering
Experience with Sketch, Invision or similar tools
A portfolio of relevant work sample.
The ability to work from anywhere in the world. Our team works from New York, Portland, Barcelona, Austin, Canada, Serbia, Slovenia and more. As long as you can get the work done, we don’t care where you are!
Excellent health benefits: health, dental and vision insurance for US employees
401(k) for US employees
Flexible vacation policy, paid holidays, sick leave and parental leave
Fitness and home office credits. We want your workspace to be your happy place.
Generous stock options
Growth and leadership opportunities. We invest in the tools and training that will help your long-term career.
An amazing team of wonderfully driven and talented people
About Octane AI
Octane AI is the bot platform for ecommerce. Octane AI’s Facebook Messenger marketing automation software helps Shopify merchants send abandoned cart messages, create custom flows, and increase their sales and revenue.
Thousands of merchants and businesses trust Octane AI for their Messenger bots, including GoPro, Pure Cycles, Cover FX, Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, Maroon 5, and more.