Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Intel, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
Mattermost is seeking an innovative, growth-oriented Head of Content to build and execute a comprehensive content strategy. This critical role will drive the content creation process in support of our global brand efforts and strategic go-to-market campaign activities. Working cross-functionally with teams throughout the business, this individual will ensure we are able to create and deliver great content from subject matter experts both internal and externally.
- Create and execute content strategy aligned with company vision and GTM priorities
- Craft and curate great content by tapping internal teams – including product, engineering, and marketing – as well as our external contributor and user community, customers, and industry thought leaders
- Work closely with Mattermost marketing teams, including product marketing, community and growth to support content creation, engagement and demand generation efforts
- Manage the Mattermost editorial calendar and review process
- Build and grow audience for Mattermost (content subscribers)
- Develop tone and voice for Mattermost across content and communications
- Manage third-party content creation activities
- 5-8 years of integrated marketing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Background in writing / journalism
- Creative outlook with inspired brand content ideas
- Experience marketing to technical audiences – developers / DevOps
- Experience leading cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience as a cross-functional influencer and partner
Hiring across the globe
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in the following countries/regions: Canada, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Mauritius, Philippines, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time. If you would be living and working from a location not listed above, we encourage you to continue to apply so we can be in touch when we are able to hire in your country/region, and we recommend that you frequently check our openings as this list will be updated regularly. In the meantime, you can become a Mattermost Contributor anytime, we would love to see you there!