Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
We are a group of creative technologists that live at the intersection of engineering and storytelling. From producing a video tutorial to composing a complex demo, we love crafting technical content that connects the what, how, and why of our product stack in an authentic and engaging way. Whether it’s a minor release or a new product launch, we drive all aspects of the go-to-market strategy — from defining the core message to getting the company enabled and aligned on it. Product managers bring products to life, we bring them to market.
We’re looking to add a new node to our cluster, focusing on defining and driving the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for the Elastic Stack. This role is responsible for all aspects of the go-to-market, including market segmentation, messaging and positioning, competitive differentiation, product marketing, field enablement, media and analyst relations. You will work closely with Elastic product managers and engineering to align and communicate Elastic’s vision with the market, users, customers, and partners. Success criteria include market expansion, internal and external validation, and customer success that translates into recurring revenue for Elastic.
- Provide thought leadership around the role of the Elastic Stack in our solutions and the market.
- Be the expert on target personas and segments, how users embrace and customers buy our products, and the value they derive from them.
- Define the go-to-market plan and measurable critical metrics against key goals; report on key initiatives at the company level.
- Own external messaging that clearly articulates the Elastic’s position and differentiation
- Grow and share expert knowledge on competitive capabilities.
- Lead cloud-related strategy for community, events, and analyst relations
- Build, curate, and present compelling content for releases, executive briefings, blogs, and internal enablement.
- Represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, and press interviews.
- Lead a growing Elastic Stack PMM team including hiring and development of talent.
- Highly meaningful domain expertise – experience in our main solutions (Observability, Security, Enterprise Search) or datastore/NoSQL platforms. Familiarity with the Elastic Stack a plus.
- Deep understanding of how open source communities adopt products. Experience leading go-to-market at an open-source company a plus.
- Several years of experience leading outbound product initiatives passionate about enterprise customers with complex requirements.
- Experience leading product and/or product marketing functions at a specialized business unit, collaborating with matrixed generalist marketing, sales, and partner organizations.
- Bringing creative energy, courage to throw out the playbook, and think differently.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. Experienced public speaker.
- Comfort working in a cross-functional role with a highly distributed team.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
? Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
?⚕️ Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
? Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
? Generous number of vacation days each year
? Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary
❤️ Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
? Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.