About this role and why it’s critical
We launched our MVP using Webflow as our front-end and Node, Express, and Mongo on the backend. Despite the scrappy start, we’re now serving 400+ customers and hundreds of thousands of end users less than a year from launch. Now, we need your help to scale the product for all types of customers — including makers, small businesses, and large companies.
This role is critical to our mission. You will be responsible for building the backbone on which Memberstack runs and serves its customers, and help scale both the team and the product. Your work will impact thousands of people build, operate, and scale their online businesses.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re proficient with backend technologies like Node, Express, and Mongo.
- You know to how to architect and build scalable infrastructure to help scale Memberstack to the next level as a mission critical tool for online businesses and teams.
- You know how to refactor existing applications into clearer, standardized, documented, and testable applications.
- You love developing software applications from start to finish: through conception, research, maintenance, and polish — to build delightful products that perform reliably.
- You can code, test, debug, and automate complex applications on the back-end, but are not afraid to occasionally help in the front-end.
- You’re able to operate with a high degree of independence & autonomy.
- You’re a product-builder at heart and care about building meaningful, exceptional technology.
- You have clear written & verbal communication skills in English.
- Bonus: You’ve previously engineered products that have been used by a lot of people.
- Bonus: You’ve previously helped scale API’s to operate in a multi-region capacity.
- Bonus: You’re fluent with website platforms (WordPress, Wix, etc) or payment platforms (Paypal, Stripe, etc)
If even 50% of this role description sounds like you, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
?We’re committed to building a diverse team and encourage folks from all under-represented groups to apply. If you qualify even for some of the points in our job descriptions, we ask that you apply. More often than not, if we feel that someone is a good fit for the team — we’re flexible and are willing to bring them on board.